Traditional Way: Druga Puja
Nava 9 Durga
1. Shailaputri - Sun
2. Brahmacharini - Saturn
3. Chandraghanta - Moon
4. Kushmanda - Jupiter
5. Skandamata - Mars
6. Katyayani - Venus
7. Kalaratri - Rahu
8. Mahagauri - Mercury
9. Siddhidatri - Ketu
Devi Mahatmaya -
1st 3 days Kali,
2nd 3 days Laxshmi,
3rd 3 days Saraswati.
Nava Graha (planets)
1. Rahu - Dhumavati and Kali's black body.
2. Ketu - Chinnamasta and Kali's sword.
3. Shukra - Kamla and Kali's beauty.
4. Chandra - Lalita and Kali's severed head (ahamkara)
5. Surya - Bhuvaneshwari and Kali's maya.
6. Shani - Baglamukhi and Kali's tongue
7. Mangal - Bhairavi and Kali's tejas (radience)
8. Brihaspati - Tara and Kali's speech (her necklace of skulls or aksharas)
9. Matangi - Budha and Kali's third eye or transcendental wisdom
Dasa 10 Maha Vidya (Tantric aspects of Kali)"
1. Kali - Saturn
2. Tara - Jupiter
3. Tripura Sundari - Mercury
4. Bhuvaneshwari - Moon
5. Bhairavi - Lagna
6. Chinnmasta - Rahu
7. Dhumavati - Ketu
8. Bagalamukhi - Mars
9. Matangi - Sun
10. Kamla - Venus
Each system is interrelated! However, you can not compare apples to oranges, an each category has a specific purpose and it is easy to get confused. You must learn your categories by entering into Sadhana (practice) through the Lord of Categories Ganesha.
Durga is Kali and Kali is Durga's other rupa (form).
It is not one or the other, all are related.
There are plants, flags and many karakas ( significators) for each category, Ganesha is the Lord of categories and Durga's son, no one can understand without getting past Lord Ganesha.
It all can be complicated to understand the relations of all, it is not one is better than the other, it is what is your purpose for doing any of these practices?
Each sadhana has a purpose.
More to come over the next few days, this is just a simple touch of a huge indigenous practice that belongs to the people of India as they have preserved it for thousands of years, so that we many have a glimpse. This is by no means a complete picture.