Sri Ramakrishna and Swami Vivekananda "Can you weep for Him with intense longing of heart? Men shed a jugful of tears for the sake of their children, for their wives, or for money. But who weeps for God? So long as the child remains engrossed with its toys, the mother looks after her cooking and other household duties. But when the child no longer relishes the toys, it throws them aside and yells for its mother. Then the mother takes the rice-pot down from the hearth, runs in haste, and takes the child in her arms."
Sri Ramakrishna Paramahamsa
"I fervently hope that the bell that tolled this morning in honour of this convention may be the death-knell of all fanaticism, of all persecutions with the sword or with the pen, and of all uncharitable feelings between persons wending their way to the same goal."
Representative of Hindus
Parliament of Religions
Columbian Exposition, Chicago World Fair
11 September 1893.
- Sri Ramakrishna the Great Master by Swami Saradananda (Translated from Bengali by Swami Jagadananda)
- The Gospel Of Sri Ramakrishna (Kathamrita) Slightly edited translation by Swami Nikhilananda published 1944
- The Gospel Of Sri Ramakrishna (Kathamrita) Word to word translation by Sri Dharm Pal Gupta
- Parables of Sri Ramakrishna
- The Complete Works Of Swami Vivekananda (Also available as a Kindle book. — All proceeds donated to Advaita Ashrama.)
- The Gospel Of the Holy Mother
- Vivekananda A Biography by Swami Nikhilananda (Published 1953)
- Swami Vivekananda by Eastern and Western Disciples (1960 edition)
- Reminiscences Of Swami Vivekananda (Third Edition, Published 1983) and other sources.
- Anecdotes from the life of Swami Vivekananda
- The Master as I saw Him by Sister Nivedita (Published 1910) স্বামী মাধবানন্দকৃত বঙ্গানুবাদ
- Sri Ramakrishna Kathamrita in Bengali.